Faixa Preta Bound

I proudly train under Master Lloyd Irvin in Camp Springs, MD. I have dedicated my LIFE to earning my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and winning the Mundials (BJJ World Championships) at the Black Belt level. I plan to hold more World Championship Gold medals than any other competitor the World has seen.

Why stop there? In Mixed Martial Arts, I will hold the Strikeforce Women's 135 and 145 lb title belts. At the same time.

Is that cocky? Perhaps... But I do know, I will not reach my goals alone. I have God and the support of my family, my friends, my teammates, and of course, Master Lloyd. All I need now is you.

The purpose of this blog is for you. For you to get a closer look into the life of SarJ. For you to see the growth of a Champion.

And uh... ya know, maybe you'll get to know me well enough to send donations!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pan Jiu Jitsu Championship Update

Hey People!  Ok, I haven't updated my blog in forever, I've been kinda busy since I got back from Cali for Pans.  Well, I took 3rd place in the Open Weight division.... Not so great.  Of course, everyone I've talked to says how awesome it is to medal, and 3rd place is still good.... Sorry, but no.  I lost. Period.  I'm not the champ. Period.  So, it's back to the drawing board for Mundials!  The mistakes I made at Pans must be corrected.  I have exactly 48 days until Worlds, so I'll be training even harder!
There is good news tho!  First the first time EVER, Team Lloyd Irvin took first place in an IBJJF Adult division.  The Female team held it down with 3 golds, 2 silvers, and 1 bronze to win the Female Team 1st place trophy.  My fellow teammate, Tracey Goodell won 2 golds, finishing the Leve and open weight classes.  Kim from 3rd Law BJJ took the Pena division Gold.  Nyjah Easton, a brown belt, won 2nd place in the female Brown/Black pena division.  Dominkye, a young blue belt, took silver in the pena.  And of course, I took 3rd.
Keep checkin in on me guys.  I'll be updating my blog from now until Worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment