Faixa Preta Bound

I proudly train under Master Lloyd Irvin in Camp Springs, MD. I have dedicated my LIFE to earning my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and winning the Mundials (BJJ World Championships) at the Black Belt level. I plan to hold more World Championship Gold medals than any other competitor the World has seen.

Why stop there? In Mixed Martial Arts, I will hold the Strikeforce Women's 135 and 145 lb title belts. At the same time.

Is that cocky? Perhaps... But I do know, I will not reach my goals alone. I have God and the support of my family, my friends, my teammates, and of course, Master Lloyd. All I need now is you.

The purpose of this blog is for you. For you to get a closer look into the life of SarJ. For you to see the growth of a Champion.

And uh... ya know, maybe you'll get to know me well enough to send donations!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Super Fantastic!

In the words of my teammate, Black Belt Mike Fowler, I'm feeling "Super Fantastic!"  Today wrapped up the final FULL week of training for the Pan Jiu Jitsu Championships.  Last night, Friday, I went to wrestling practice.  Wrestling has been incredibly helpful for my takedowns.  With coach Jim Kelly pushing me every Friday, I know I will have the tenacity, drive, and aggression I need for those first 2 points for the takedown.  Wrestling is giving me the skills I need to see openings for foot sweeps, knee taps, single and double leg takedowns.  Friday night wrestling is also a great conditioning and mental workout.  The ability to push yourself when your body wants to quit is something that is imperative to competition and something that we really focus on at Team Lloyd Irvin.
After a super good Friday wrestling, Saturday morning welcomed BJJ practice.  Saturday morning practice is always a good time!  Usually lots of HARD drilling.  We drill stand up, positions, submissions, and live rolling.  This morning, we worked some grip fighting and live feet, and I had to honor to work with Mike Easton.  For those of you who do not know Mike Easton, he is a Lloyd Irvin Black Belt and current UWC Bantamweight Champion.  He's also one of my best friends and someone I consider a big brother.  I really look up to Mike and I'm always open to his advice, in life, fighting, and Jiu Jitsu.  Anyways!  Mike gave me some serious work on my grip fighting and foot sweeps.  It's actually VERY encouraging when he's gripping me up and throwing me around, because I'm learning!  Sweeps and knee taps that are CLOSE on Mike, are sure to be definate scores in competition.  And when it takes Mike 3 or 4 tries to sweep me, I know there's NO woman in my bracket that can take me down!
We went on to work arm bar drills, guard passing drills, situation drills and more!  What a tough practice!  We really came together as a team, pushed and encouraged each other, and I really felt the positivity.  There's nothing more comforting than knowing I am training on the best, hardest working team in America.  Everyday, I'm training side-by-side with guys like Mike Fowler, Mike Easton, JT Torres, Nakapan Phungephorn, DJ Jackson, Willie Leonard, Jim Kelly, Tracey Goodell, and on and on!
I am truly blessed.  I look forward to standing atop the medal stand, having that gold put around my neck.  Then joining my teammates as we take the Team First Place! AAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment