Faixa Preta Bound

I proudly train under Master Lloyd Irvin in Camp Springs, MD. I have dedicated my LIFE to earning my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and winning the Mundials (BJJ World Championships) at the Black Belt level. I plan to hold more World Championship Gold medals than any other competitor the World has seen.

Why stop there? In Mixed Martial Arts, I will hold the Strikeforce Women's 135 and 145 lb title belts. At the same time.

Is that cocky? Perhaps... But I do know, I will not reach my goals alone. I have God and the support of my family, my friends, my teammates, and of course, Master Lloyd. All I need now is you.

The purpose of this blog is for you. For you to get a closer look into the life of SarJ. For you to see the growth of a Champion.

And uh... ya know, maybe you'll get to know me well enough to send donations!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week One of Pans Training

Hey!  So week one of Pans training is coming to an end.  We've had some really tough practices this week!  Lots of stand up and takedowns, live matches, HARD WORK...  It's a wonderful feeling to push yourself hard in practice and see the results.  Everyday I'm getting better.  I have my gameplan all drawn up and I work on it everyday.


With only 90 days until the Mundials and 4 weeks until the Pans, it's very important to workout a gameplan and stick to it.  I won't be working on too much new technique.  Right now, I'm working what I know and what I plan to use in my matches.  Master Lloyd taught me to have a plan for every position, so when competition comes I won't be surprised, I'll already know what I'm supposed to do!


Mental training is also a HUGE aspect right now.  Mental repetitions and drilling.  I spend time everyday, usually right before bed, with my eyes closed thinking about how my match will go.  Thinking about that final match for the Gold at the Mundials.  Metal training is just as important as physical training.


I have less that 8 lbs to go to reach my target weight for Pans, which I will have off in less than 2 weeks.  So i will be nice and fit and relaxed come April 8th.  


Tomorrow is wrestling practice and Saturday afternoon more BJJ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment