Faixa Preta Bound

I proudly train under Master Lloyd Irvin in Camp Springs, MD. I have dedicated my LIFE to earning my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and winning the Mundials (BJJ World Championships) at the Black Belt level. I plan to hold more World Championship Gold medals than any other competitor the World has seen.

Why stop there? In Mixed Martial Arts, I will hold the Strikeforce Women's 135 and 145 lb title belts. At the same time.

Is that cocky? Perhaps... But I do know, I will not reach my goals alone. I have God and the support of my family, my friends, my teammates, and of course, Master Lloyd. All I need now is you.

The purpose of this blog is for you. For you to get a closer look into the life of SarJ. For you to see the growth of a Champion.

And uh... ya know, maybe you'll get to know me well enough to send donations!

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Wrestling Advantage

So tonight was wrestling practice.  I look forward to Friday night wrestling, not only is it an awesome class, but I get lots of conditioning as well!  The best part about wrestling is the advantages it gives you in jiu jitsu and MMA.
For me, wrestling gives me a huge advantage over my opponents.  Number one, the toughness.  To be a wrestler you have to be hard nose, no bullsh*t.  My wrestling coach, Jim Kelly, is always stressing how tough I need to be, offensively and defensively.  Cross facing the SH** outta somebody onna sprawl, or DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE some chick through the mat on a double leg.  In tournaments, I know already that I'm going to be tougher, more aggressive, and more physical that any woman I face.  Not to mention, I'm turning into a takedown machine!  And that has a LOT to do with wrestling!

No comments:

Post a Comment